Prefinished Hardwood Floors
Prefinished Hardwood Floors are also known as Engineered Hardwood Floors and are very popular for many reasons. By definition, Prefinished Hardwood Flooring is when you buy boards from a company that has already sanded and finished the wood, so it comes ready to install.These floors are ideal for the do it yourselfer who wants to save time and hassle but still wants a beautiful floor.
Benefits of Buying Prefinished Hardwood Flooring
1) No Sanding - You never have to sand any boards. You avoid all the dusty mess!
2) No Finishing - The boards are already finished. As soon as the install is finished you can walk on them. No waiting days for the strong smelling finish to dry.
3) They Look Great - Because the boards are finished professionally in a factory, they already have between 5-9 coats of finish on them. The wood is hard, smooth and durable.
4) Time Saving - Because sanding and finishing have already been done, a prefinished hardwood floor can be installed in half the time. Plus youll save money on labor.
Disadvantageous of Prefinished Hardwood Flooring
1) Inlays, borders and other unique flooring tricks are pretty much impossible for an installer to do because the boards have already been sanded and finished.
2) When boards are cut in the factory, the thickness of the board can vary by 1/32nd of an inch. So in order to avoid sharp edges, prefinished boards are beveled. This can create grooves between the boards and can accentuate the seams. Some people may like this look, while others may not. Sometimes this can happen.
3) The wood is more expensive. But you save BIG in other areas like installation costs, time to install, and finishes.
So if you're looking for a beautiful wood floor, want a quick, easy installation, a Prefinished Hardwood Floor is the perfect choice. Below are excellent brands offering all styles of unique and beautiful floors. We offer more selection for the lowest prices guaranteed. We buy factory direct so we can pass the savings onto you! Please browse below.